Interview Results, Etc.

So, my interview went reasonably well (or at least as well as I could hope, since it was all in Spanish!) and I actually found the write-up on the internet, for anyone who is interested in practicing their Spanish.

It was sort of funny - the day I was interviewed I left San Cayetano, and a few days later, while trying to catch a bus to Viedma  (where I hope to meet up with some other cyclists to protect me from the increasingly powerful soul-crushing wind) I was recognized by someone who had seen me on the news!  She was able to help me figure out which bus company could fit my bus in their cargo hold.  Muy famoso!

In any case, that bus journey (not yet completed 24 hours later) certainly reminded me why I so prefer traveling by bicycle… even with the wind, the hills, the sun, and the dust.  Just what I needed!

***

Oh, and the picture is a farm on Las Pampas… basically my visual stimulation for the last three weeks.

« This Blog is Good for Something After All!
Crossing the Country: From the Pampas to the Mountains »

posting from United States
November 13th, 2009 2:34 pm

Very cool. I wish to attain the level of being recognized on the street, in a foreign country no less!

Bruce Clarkson
posting from United States
November 13th, 2009 5:21 pm

Hey, keep going South. I want to see pix and hear about the southern end of the world.

Ramsey
posting from United States
November 13th, 2009 5:41 pm

Wow, looks like the Midwest!

posting from United States
November 18th, 2009 8:33 am

Hey there! :) We’re back from our honeymoon in Istanbul, India, and Paris (we had a few hours layover in Paris so we managed to swoop into the city for some sightseeing and then make our plane back home to Boston) and we had a *fantastic* time!

I loved reading your interview - it’s wonderful! And how neat that you were recognized by someone! :)

I’m so glad to hear that you’re enjoying Argentina - it’s one of our most favorite places in the world. Do you know what country you plan to head to after Argentina? :)

abuelita
posting from United States
November 22nd, 2009 3:02 pm

Hey Malenita:

It has been a long time since I have heard from you. My trip to Buenos Aires in 1976 was way too short and the military Junta still goberned the country; find out who remembers it. Please send me your new email address, the malena616 doesn’t work any more. It’s great to know we have a VIP in the family. Love from grandma.

posting from Argentina
November 29th, 2009 10:09 am

Thanks everyone for writing, and sorry for the shamelfully late response!

Brian - just travel to Argentina with a bike, it’s very simple :)

Bruce - its much too cold to the south! But the pictures from the end of the world are amazing.

Jessica - Great pictures of India, it certainly is photogenic! Post Argentina I’ll be seeing Chile, at least for a bit, and then going back to Argentina because I simply cannot miss Mendoza. Mmmmm.

Abuelita - I emailed you!

Leave Your Comment